Those who fell in love with the Dishonored series are sure to find something to fawn over when it comes to Deathloop. The Arkane Studios project burst on-scene as a unique, detail-oriented, and entertaining release filled to the brim with exciting visuals, high-octane action, brain-bending puzzles, and some of the most charming characters the developer has ever produced. It's a blast to play through, offering up one of the more interesting and engaging storylines players have seen in 2021 and proving that Arkane Studios is capable of making magic with more than one franchise.
Deathloop's length is deceiving, starting out as what appears to be a fairly linear adventure that soon descends into chaos, giving players a multitude of directions to go and places to explore. It's a game that rewards exploration and player choice, opting for the Majora's Mask style of "reliving the same period of time over and over." But unlike other titles in the genre, Deathloop actually wants players to "fail." Each time Colt is forced to relive the same day, he gets stronger, smarter, and above all, more resourceful. It's a slow burn at the start, but well worth the build-up.
It's also deceptively simple. Although there are a lot of out-of-the-box reality-altering concepts, the main core of Deathloop is pretty straightforward. But once players begin to unravel the mystery of the island, they're met with a multitude of side quests, hidden areas, and puzzles. This collection of secrets, tips, guides, and miscellaneous help, should keep players firmly "in the loop" as they progress down the many paths of Deathloop's story.
Updated October 21st, 2021: Deathloop has been out for over a month now but players are still managing to find all sorts of interesting things hidden within the nooks and crannies of this explosive release. Speedrunners have been finding ways to shave time off their initial runs and players are unlocking even more lore buried throughout Deathloop's expansive world. To keep up with all of the discoveries and give players that are just starting their new journey some helpful hints, the following hub has been updated with even more guide content.
Weapons, Slabs, And Trinkets
Although Colt starts out his journey living the same small, resetting stretch of time over and over, players are soon introduced to the concept of Infusion. This handy mechanic allows the snarky protagonist to "save" weapons, slabs, and trinkets that he comes across during his journies across the island. There's a surprising amount of depth to these items too, with rarer weapons featuring a multitude of random modifiers and some slabs giving Colt incredible powers. Players will definitely want to get their hands on some of these powerful unlockables.
- Deathloop Weapon Tier List
- Every Weapon In Deathloop, Ranked
- Deathloop: How to Get the Constancy Automatic Legendary Automatic Pistol
- Deathloop: How To Obtain The Strelak Verso In The Ordnance Depot (Battery Puzzle)
- Deathloop: How To Unlock The Heritage Gun
- Deathloop: How To Get The Legendary Sepulchra Breteira Sniper Rifle
- The Best Trinkets In Deathloop
- Deathloop: Where To Find The Cat Fall Trinket (& What It Does)
- Deathloop: Character Trinket Tier List
- Deathloop: Weapon Trinket Tier List
Puzzles, Secrets, And Side Quests
Although Colt has a "mission" the second he gains his sea legs in Deathloop, there are a ton of things to see and do across the island. Players may feel "confined" with only a handful of areas to explore but each of these areas offers up a deceptively large area to sift through and they even change according to what time of day it is. Because of this, Arkane has hidden a plethora of side quests, secrets, and random puzzles to keep players engaged and occupied. Here's a look at some of the biggest mysteries to solve.
- Deathloop: How to Escape Boathouse Gas Chamber (Man Behind Glass)
- Deathloop: How To Reveal The Control Panel (Lost In Transmission)
- Deathloop: How To Solve Fia's Pictograms
- Deathloop: How To Solve The Super Shifty Puzzle In Karl's Bay Dawn Of Reason
- Deathloop: How To Solve The Data Cassette Puzzle
- Deathloop: How To Solve The Puzzle Safe Beneath Aleksis' Mansion
- Deathloop: Delivery Booth Code Location
- Deathloop: How To Unlock The 4 HZN Doors (Radio Silence)
- 9 Hidden Clues In Deathloop (And Where To Find Them)
Game Mechanics And General Help
It's easy to get lost in Arkane's latest playground thanks to the incredibly entertaining gameplay which allows players to take down enemies in a multitude of ways. It's a title that gives ultimate freedom to the player, even going as far as to directly tell players to "play as they see fit." All players are welcome here, whether they enjoy stealth elements, chaotic run-and-gun combat, or sabotage. But some of the mechanics are a little easier to grasp than others and once players start gaining a variety of trinkets, slabs, and weapons, it can be a bit overwhelming. These guides should help players get a better grip on everything they can do in Deathloop.
- Deathloop: Fristad Rock Guide
- Deathloop: The Complex Guide
- Deathloop: Karl's Bay Guide
- Deathloop: Updaam Guide
- 10 Things To Do After Beating Deathloop
- Deathloop: Which Things Should You Infuse First To Colt
- Deathloop: How to Equip Trinkets
- Deathloop: What Are The Glowing Objects For? (Residuum and Infusion explained)
- Deathloop: How Do Batteries Work?
General Game Information
- Deathloop: 8 Things Everyone Missed In The Story
- Deathloop: How To Deal With Julianna
- Deathloop: The Easiest Way To Sneak Into Colt's Apartment
- 9 Awesome Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do In Deathloop
- 10 Mistakes Everyone Makes While Playing Deathloop
- 10 Beginner Tips For Deathloop You Need To Know
- Deathloop: How To Play As Julianna
- Deathloop: All the Known Issues with the PC Version
- Deathloop: The 7 Biggest Fixes The Game Needs
Boss Fights And Encounters
Deathloop's "bosses" are a bit different than the usual fare, opting instead for powerful marks that Colt must eliminate if he ever stands a chance of breaking the loop and gaining his freedom. The main goal of Deathloop is to eliminate all of Colt's targets in a single day, meaning players will become very familiar with each of these bosses and how they operate. Here's a better look at all of Deathloop's Visionaries, what they offer, where they're hiding, and how to take them down for good.
- Deathloop: Devouring Of The Lambs Guide (How To Search For Clues)
- Deathloop: How to Identify Aleksis (Enact the Plan)
- Deathloop: All The VIsionaries, Ranked
- Deathloop: Best Way To Kill Frank
- Deathloop: Best Way To Kill Aleksis
- Deathloop: Best Way To Kill Egor
- Deathloop: Best Way To Kill Fia
- Deathloop: Best Way To Kill Charlie
- Deathloop: Best Way To Kill Wenjie
- Deathloop: The Quickest Way To Kill Harriet In Karl's Bay In The Morning
Colt's main mission will always be to break the loop, but players looking to squeeze every single ounce they can out of Deathloop have the monumental task of finding, unlocking, and activating every possible thing they can during Colt's seemingly never-ending journey. Those that are up for the challenge will want to look into some of the more obscure collectibles, puzzles, and hidden side quests that Arkane has packed into its latest release. Here's a rundown for some of the things players will need to do should they want to finish 100 percent of Deathloop.
Lore And Opinions
Much like Dishonored, it's hard not to be sucked into the world of Deathloop purely by its engaging, entertaining, powers-based gameplay elements. Once players get a firm grasp on what Colt can do and what he's capable of, they'll be flying all over the island, creating all kinds of builds and using a multitude of powers in fun and exciting ways. But those that pick up Deathloop for its combat shouldn't sleep on its story. Arkane did a great job building something unique, twisty, and thought-provoking. The characters are deeper than they appear from the outside and the dialogue can be downright hilarious at times. Here's a look at some of the lore and player opinions surrounding Deathloop's eccentric gameworld.
- Deathloop: How the Time Loop Was Made and Why
- Deathloop: 6 Confusing Plot Points, Explained
- 9 Unresolved Mysteries & Plot Holes Left Hanging In Deathloop
- Deathloop: Explaining What Happens in All 3 Endings
- Deathloop: Why Juliana Wants to Kill Colt So Badly
- 5 Things We Loved About Deathloop (& 5 Things We Don’t)
- Deathloop's Invasions Are Far Better Than Any Dark Souls Game
- Deathloop's Marketing Was Not Unlike Cyberpunk 2077's
- Deathloop's Break-Out Hit May Be Fristad Rock's 'Ode to Somewhere' Song
- Why Deathloop is Getting Review Bombed
- Deathloop's Use of the DualSense Bodes Well for Xbox Release
- Why Deathloop is So Easy to Pick Up for an Immersive Sim
News And Reviews
There are a lot of facets to Deathloop, so it's no surprise that some players will either love or hate Arkane's latest title. This ideal extends to critics too, and there's likely to be no shortage of opinions and news stories revolving around the newest IP in the upcoming weeks. This section contains anything and everything related to news and reviews concerning Deathloop.
- Deathloop Developers Reveal Their Favorite Loadouts for the Game
- Deathloop Issue is Resetting Some Players' Progress As Colt
- Dishonored 2 Furniture Spotted in Deathloop
- Gas Station Simulator is Outselling Deathloop on Steam
- Deathloop Adding Nvidia Reflex Support to Help With Latency
- Deathloop is Being Review Bombed on PC For its DRM
- Deathloop Developer is ‘Investigating’ Stutter Issues on PC Version
- Deathloop Developer Releases Hotfix Which Addresses Stuttering Issues on the PC
- Deathloop PC Issues May be Linked to Framerate and Using a Mouse
- Deathloop Accessibility Shortcomings Pointed Out By AbleGamers Director
- Deathloop Review
- Deathloop Review Roundup
- Game Rant Arcade EP. 39: Deathloop Review, PS5 Game Upgrades
A reliable leaker with a proven track record 'reveals' the PS Plus free games for December 2021, and it's a solid line-up to end the year with.